Last updated: 6/6/19
Advanced Tree Services is a limited liability company (referred to as “our”, “us” and “we” in this privacy notice). We are qualified arborists for tree pruning and tree removal in Christchurch and Canterbury.
When we use the term ‘visitor’ or ‘you’ we are referring to the person that is using or is a registered customer on our website. When we refer to “Personal information”, this is any information that relates to you (or from which you can be identified).
This privacy document explains how we may collect and use personal information from you when you use our website (www.advancedtreeservices.co.nz).
We strongly believe that the responsible use of data allows us to build stronger relationships, further our purpose and deliver better experiences for our clients and visitors. We take your privacy extremely seriously. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and being transparent in the handling of all personal information. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and applicable privacy and data protection laws.
This Privacy Notice covers:
What personal information we collect on this website
We collect information about you where you ask us to respond to a query you have, purchase a product from us, if you make use of any of the interactive features within our website that rely on a personalised response, or add your details to one of our alert or subscription services. We only collect the specific details we need to provide the service you have asked for. We do not collect sensitive information, such as your political or religious beliefs, ethnic background, sexual preference, health or any other sensitive information.
We do not actively seek to collect information about children aged 16 or under. If you have any concerns about your child’s privacy in relation to our services, or if you believe that your child may have entered personal data onto our Website, please contact us. We will delete such information from our records with a reasonable time.
How we use this information
- We use your information to deliver the specific information, products or services you have requested. For example, if you have requested further information on our services or content, or wish to subscribe to our alert service, or submit an enquiry through this site. We will only use the email address you provide to us to respond to that request. Without your express consent, we will not use your contact details for any other purpose. <
- We will retain and evaluate information on your recent visits to our website and how you move around different sections of our website for analytics purposes to understand how people use our website so that we can make it more intuitive.
- We will keep a record of the articles on our website that you have clicked on and use that information to target advertising on this website to you that is relevant to your interests, which we have identified based on articles you have read.
- If you have opted into receiving marketing or promotional material or you are an existing client we may occasionally send helpful emails and/or offers. You may opt out from these at anytime.
- We may review your information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- We may contact you for market research for our own organisation (never any third party), you are under no obligation to participate.
How we store your personal information
We are committed to ensuring your personal information is kept secure and confidential and not kept for longer than is necessary for the purpose they were processed. When your personal information is no longer necessary, it will be deleted.
From time to time we may ask third party service providers, to help us manage our information technology systems and provide services to you. Some of these systems may be located in other countries than our area of business, including countries located outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We will only transfer your information to a third party service provider or overseas, where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws. These measures may include the use of Standard Contractual Clauses, the EU-US Privacy Shield, Swiss-US Privacy Shield or your consent. You may request further information on the legal security measures used for such transfers via the contact details given in this Privacy Notice.
Securing your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures in place to prevent unlawful or unauthorised use, access or accidental loss of personal information. We also seek to ensure our service providers do the same.
We do not sell or rent any personal information about you to any third party.
If we are working with a third party service provider to deliver a service or product you have requested it may be necessary to share some information with that provider. We are upfront about who we work with. We always ensure the security of such disclosures and transfers in accordance with the applicable privacy and data protection laws
We may disclose personal information in response to legal process, for example in response to a court order or a subpoena, or in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, and as otherwise required by law. Our agents and contractors may have access to personal information to help carry out the services they are performing for us.
Your choices around the personal information that you provide to us
Your general rights
If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us then please click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the relevant mailing. If you wish to opt-out completely then please contact us at using the details provided below.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you would like us to delete your information from our records, please contact us using the contact details below and we will respond within a reasonable time. Please note that we may be required to retain certain information by law and/or for our own legitimate business purpose. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
Visitors from the European Economic Area
If you are from the European Economic Area, you have rights (with some exceptions and restrictions) to:
- object to our processing of your personal data, including profiling. You can object at any time and we shall stop processing the information you have objected to, unless we can show compelling legitimate grounds to continue that processing;
- access your personal data. If you make this kind of request and we hold personal data about you, we are required to provide you with information on it, including a description and copy of the personal data and why we are processing it;
- request erasure of your personal data;
- request correction or updating of the personal data that we hold about you and that is inaccurate;
- request the restriction of our processing of your personal data in some situations. If you request this, we can continue to store your personal data but are restricted from processing it while the restriction is in place;
- withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data. When you use our website you may have been asked to consent to the dropping of a cookie. You may withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data that has been derived from cookies. If you do withdraw consent, that will not affect the lawfulness of what we have done with your personal data before you withdrew consent;
- complain to your local data protection authority about our collection or use of your personal data. For example, in the UK, the local data protection authority is the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you exercise the rights above and there is any question about who you are, we may require you to provide information from which we can satisfy ourselves as to your identity.
If you are from the European Economic Area and would like to exercise any of these rights in relation to any information we hold about you via this website please contact us using the contact details provided below. We will consider and respond to your request in accordance with the relevant law.
Cookies are small packets of information stored by your web browser when you visit certain websites, including our website. Cookies are generally used by websites to improve your user experience by enabling that website to ‘remember’ you, either strictly for the duration of your visit (using a “Session” cookie which is erased when you close your browser) or for repeat visits (using a “Permanent” cookie). Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our websites currently use Google Analytics to help analyse how customers use our site. These analytical tools use “session cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form.
The information generated by the Google Analytics cookie about your use of the website, including your IP address, is transmitted to and stored by Google outside New Zealand. The tracking data is stored in a database managed by Google. The tracking data is then used by Google to compile statistical reports on website activity for us to evaluate site use. This allows us to
- discover what information is most and least used
- determine technical design specifications, and
- help make our sites more useful to visitors.
How to reject cookies
The procedure for rejecting cookies varies from one browser application to another. If you wish to reject cookies from our site, but wish to accept those from other sites, you may choose the option in your browser settings to receive a notice before a cookie is stored on your device. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information.
To find out more, please consult the following: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies and www.youronlinechoices.com. By disabling cookies, you may be prevented from accessing some features of our site or certain content or functionality may not be available.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Updates to this privacy notice
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our approach to privacy or you would like to exercise any of the rights mentioned in this Privacy Notice you can contact our Data Protection Officer in any of the following ways: